Three Shadows Photography Art Centre officially launched the Running Program in Beijing 3.0 SPACE. The project unites a number of senior domestic and foreign artists, curators, and scholars to provide systematic guidance for potential art creators, inspire and help creators in their creation.
The project will be open for registration. After primary and secondary selection, 9 creators have been successfully shortlisted in 2021. No more than 10 applicants will be admitted in 2022. Each applicant will have close communication and cooperation with two mentors throughout the year. During the creative cycle, two mentors will provide applicants with a total of 12 one-on-one online or offline guidance. After the one-year creative cycle, the applicant will hold a solo exhibition at Three Shadows Beijing 3.0 space.
2023 "RUNNING PROGRAM" MENTOR GROUP
Cai Dongdong, Gao Bo, Liu Bolin,Liu Ding,Rong Rong&Inri, Tao Hui, Ta Ke,Yao Lu, Xing Danwen
Dong Bingfeng, Haijie, He Yining, Lu Yinghua, Ruben Lundgren, Shen Chen, Shi Hantao, Zhu Jiong, Zheng Ziyu
2022 THREE SHADOWS RUNNING PROGRAM FINALISTS
2021 THREE SHADOWS RUNNING PROGRAM FINALISTS
Wang Jingyi: INTERVIEW
M Youth Film Team: INTERVIEW
Wang Yuxing: INTERVIEW
Xin Li: INTERVIEW
Ai Kuo: INTERVIEW
Wu Xinzhu: INTERVIEW
Gu Shi: INTERVIEW
Hu Jingya&Michael Cheung: INTERVIEW
1. No restriction on nationality, suitable for creators who love art, have independent creative ideas, and hope to have a deeper understanding.
2. The creative project must be a cross-media visual art work centered on photography or images.
1. submission and review
2. The first trial of Three Shadows
3. Instructor review
4. Confirmation of shortlisted emails
5. 12 exchanges with 2 mentors throughout the year
6. Applicant group critique
7. Three Shadows 3.0space solo exhibition
APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE:
1. Cooperate with senior mentors at home and abroad on projects and give one-to-one guidance.
2. Professional museum-level basic equipments, exhibition support, independent and free creative environment.
3. Three shadows media propaganda support.
4. Those who perform well in the project will receive scholarships and opportunities for in-depth cooperation with Three Shadows and their mentors.
5. Professional exhibition-level basic equipments and exhibition personnel supports
6. " Running Program" scholarship
Q: After the application is successful, how long is the creative year?
A: After being shortlisted, applicants can start project creation immediately for no more than one year. This year's application deadline is September 1, 2023.
Q: Can I choose my tutor freely?
A: Each applicant will choose two tutors, and the tutors will also make two-way selection. After the tutoring period is over, the applicant can continue to communicate with the tutor.
Q: How to start the tutorial after confirming the tutor?
A: Applicants can discuss the teaching format, time and location with Three Shadows and the instructor, both online and offline.
Q: Is the applicant limited to individuals? Can it be a group?
A: This project welcomes applications from individuals or artist groups.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the format of the exhibition?
A: As an experimental space, we respect the individual expression of every art applicant. The exhibition format is not limited, and the final landing can be performances, interactive installations, etc.
Q: How long is the exhibition time? What resources are available?
A: Applicants can use the 3.0 space for a total of 20 days for installation,. Applicants can also enjoy rich museum resources such as Three Shadows Collection, exhibitions, lectures, darkrooms. Three Shadows will assist applicants in organizing exhibition openings, sharing sessions and other activities.
Q: Is there any cost to participate in this project?
A: Applicants need to bear a certain fee, which will be explained in the selected email. Applicants can try to apply for funding subsidies from schools, foundations, and the government to reduce the burden of the exhibition.
Q: How to check other questions?
A: Welcome to send relevant questions to hujiawen @threeshadows.cn.