YOUNG ARTIST TRAINING PROGRAM INTRODUCTION
The Three Shadows Photography Art Center officially launched the Young Artist Training Program in Beijing 3.0 Space. The project unites a number of senior artists, curators, and scholars at home and abroad to provide systematic guidance for potential art creators, and to inspire and help creators who encounter bottlenecks on their creative path or who wish to become professional artists.
The project will be open for registration. After preliminary selection, no more than 10 applicants will be admitted to 3.0 space in 2021. Each applicant will cooperate with 2 tutors. During the creative cycle, the two tutors will provide applicants with a total of 12 one-on-one online or offline guidance (the specific teaching time can be flexibly negotiated ). During this period, applicants can enjoy an independent working environment in the new exhibition hall. After the creative cycle is over, the works will be presented in the new exhibition hall (3.0 space) of Beijing Three Shadows.
3.0 space Initially invited tutors: Cai Dongdong, Cai Meng, Dong Bingfeng, Feng Boyi, Gao Bo, He Yining, Liu Bolin, Lu Xiaoben, Lu Yinghua, Rongrong & Yingli, Shen Chen, Wang Qingsong.
* This project will select one scholarship winner every year
1. Project Proposal Template (Chinese)
SOLICITATION TIME & PARTICIPATION METHOD
1. With "Three Shadows - 3.0 space submission - name - work name" as the subject of the email, send the application materials email@example.com for submission.
2. Application materials include: artist resume, project plan, submission form, other reference materials, etc. (Please use WeTransfer to submit large attachments.)
3. Applicants will receive a reply within two weeks after submission.
4. Application date: from now until September 1, 2021.
1. No restriction on nationality, for creators who love art, have independent creative ideas, and hope to have a deeper knowledge.
2. The creative project must be based on photography or a cross-media visual art work with images as the core.
1. Document submission and review
2. Invite two mentors
3. 12 times mentor guidance
4. Exhibition presentation
APPLICANTS WILL GET:
1. Cooperate with senior mentors at home and abroad on projects and give one-to-one guidance.
2. Professional art museum-level basic equipment, support from exhibitors, and an independent and free creative environment.
3. Three shadows media propaganda support.
4. Those who excel in the project will receive scholarships and opportunities for in-depth cooperation with Three Shadows and tutors.
Q: After the application is successful, how long is the creative cycle?
A: Once shortlisted, applicants can start project creation immediately for no more than one year. The application deadline for this year is September 1, 2021.
Q: Can I choose my tutor freely?
A: Each applicant will choose two tutors, and the tutors will also make two-way selection. After the end of the mentoring period, applicants can continue to communicate with their instructors.
Q: How to start the class after confirming the tutor?
A: Applicants can discuss the teaching format, time and location with Three Shadows and the instructor, and the online and offline mode can be used.
Q: Are applicants limited to individuals? Can it be a group?
A: This project welcomes applications from individuals or groups of artists.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the format of the exhibition?
A: As an experimental space, we respect the individual expression of each applicant for art. The form of exhibition is not limited, and the final landing can be a performance, an interactive installation, etc.
Q: How long is the 3.0 space service life and how long is it on display? What resources are available?
A: Applicants can use 3.0 space for a total of 20 days for exhibition arrangement, dismantling and exhibition. Applicants can also enjoy rich museum resources such as the Three Shadows Collection, exhibitions, lectures, darkroom (photographic paper, syrup and other materials are not included). Three Shadows will assist applicants in organizing exhibition openings, sharing sessions and other activities.
Q: Is there any cost to participate in the project?
A: Applicants need to bear a certain fee, which will be explained in the selected email. Applicants can try to apply for funding subsidies from schools, foundations, and the government to reduce the burden of the exhibition.
Q: How to inquire about other questions?
A: Welcome to send related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT 3.0 SPACE
3.0 space is an independent art space established by the Three Shadows Photography Art Center in early 2021. It is also an experimental field exclusively for young art creators and researchers. We will present diversified exhibitions, dialogues, screenings and other special events here, aiming to build a platform to better stimulate the contemporary Chinese photography and to pass the charm of the artistic language of photography to a wider audience. There is a space here, please use your imagination.